As a parent of an infant, your child’s development is top priority! Whether you are a first time parent or have a full house, each child and experience is different. Below is a list of several milestones for children ages 3-6 months that can help you keep track of your child’s development.
- Lifts head and chest when on stomach and prop on forearms
- Rolls from side to side
- Rolls from stomach to back
- Sits briefly with upper extremity support
- Holds toy for 1 minute
- Recognizes parent
- Smiles at mirror
- Plays peek-a-boo
- Moves eyes in the direction of sound
- Looks in response to own name
- Vocalizes to gain attention
If you feel your child might need some assistance with development, contact your pediatrician for advice on next steps.